Tuesday, August 7, 2007

caution: me behind the wheel

i just got my new driver's license in the mail today.
i renewed it last saturday,
the day before it expired.
due to this expiration
i had to renew it before i could rent
a car for the weekend and drive to my grandparents' farm.
not only does enterprise pick you up,
they drive you to get your license renewed.
yeah, i had to be driven to the dmv and back
by an enterprise rent-a-car employee.

now, i'd just gotten back from a week and a half in alaska
and maybe i just tried to do to much too soon because
twenty miles down the road,
in my rented chrysler p.t. cruiser (i know, i know),
i got a speeding ticket.
75 in a 60.
i was within spitting distance of the 'speed limit 70' sign.
an hour after that i barrelled into
two garbage-can-sized pylons.
i dented the hood, took out a side mirror
and scraped an entire side of the car.
oops.

always get the optional insurance through
the rental agency, my friends. always.
if something happens all you do is hand them the keys,
sign a form containing your explanation of what happened
and walk out the door.
it's pretty sweet.
i still feel bad but they said cars come back damaged
more often then not.
i guess if i'm gonna get in an accident
it might as well be with a corporation's car
and with their car insurance
instead of with my own.

anyway, i'm sticking to my bike for awhile.

-nicole

6 comments:

  1. ah man, really?! crazy nicole behind the wheel. what was the dmv doing, giving you a new license?

    happy to hear you are back in the midwest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. yeah, i think the dmv might have made a mistake in relicensing me.

    i'm happy to be back in the midwest! i truly love it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Watch out!

    I recently lost my bookmarks, but I was very happy that I could relocate your blog.

    I'm glad you're ok. Be safe! ha ha

    Have a safe and good rest of the week.

    -Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. Do they drive on the other side of the road up there in Minnie SODA vs Nebra SKA, or what the heck? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nebraska, North Dakota, whatever. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gRegor so silly. at least you picked another state that started with an 'n' and ended with an 'a'. but i'm most definitely a north dakota kid. i've never even seen nebraska. and no, we don't drive on the other side of the road. i wish, because at least then i'd have an excuse. i've not driven since this all went down. yay for us all!

    ReplyDelete