Friday, January 25, 2008

i still tell you my every day

it's been the coldest of the cold here for a couple weeks
and my skin is crackling!
humidifier and baby oil to the rescue but it's not quite enough.

i'm getting a little bored being here in this house all the time
but what can you do, really, when merely one step outside
makes all that winter snot that normally runs down your face
freeze in your nose?

tonight boredom was kept far away by baking ginger cookies
and eating five of them with a big glass of one percent.

this was followed by making fireflies in the dark
using very dry, static-laden laundry.
i didn't think it was possible,
fireflies in january.

-nicole

4 comments:

  1. Chewing Life Savers or other similar candies in the dark will do that, too. So will tearing the tape off the end of a roll of film (as I discovered in dark rooms).

    Remember in Idaho? I lifted up those wooly-type blankets they had on the beds, and the static in there was like lightning. It was awesome.

    It is good to see a post from you, by the way. We should catch up soon.

    -Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, ginger cookies.

    It's been a pretty dull winter here. Lots of cold, and not much snow. Bleh. I'm ready for spring.

    Hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, good to see you've continued with the posts. I read your blog on ocassion and thought you'd given up!

    I'm good friends with Abby and Toby, BTW. I think you know them?

    Stay warm!

    -c

    ReplyDelete
  4. hellooooo! post more.

    ReplyDelete