Thursday, February 21, 2008

button button, who has the button?

just in case anyone who reads this
has ever entertained the idea
that i was a cool kid,
i should inform you that one of the things that
has been occupying my time this week
is organizing my button collection.

i recently acquired a shoebox full of buttons,
some of them still on their vintage packaging.
i'm tying the matching buttons together with book-binding string
and organizing them all according to color.

very girl-nerdy.
but hey, it's winter in minnesota
and an unusually cold one at that.
i'm just trying to find things to do around the home
besides eating all the day and evening long.

never have i a wanted a warm-weather vacation
more than these past days.

-nicole

5 comments:

  1. if i ever get hold of my grandmother's old button box, i'm sending them to you. if i recall correctly, she had a bunch of really cool old buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh, i'd definitely take them. i think there's something about looking at buttons of all colors and sizes that's like looking at a bowl full of old-fashioned hard candy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss this? I have been checking back frequently. I guess I should embrace technology and feeds, but I just don't like it.

    Oh well, I have seen it.

    I like the idea of a button collection. I like looking at the patterns in buttons, imagining them large, looking into the vaguely translucent ones, and through the ones that are.

    Oh, and I might be coming to Minneapolis sometime before summer ...

    I hope you are well. We really need to catch up soon. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. remember that song about working in a button factory?

    i'm currently in need of one button for the little pocket i knit for my shuffle. i used a green tweed, any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  5. as odd as this sounds, i was organizing my buttons just last week when I was visiting minneapolis.

    ReplyDelete