Monday, June 11, 2007

hand me the sunscreen please

i donned my swimsuit for the first time this summer
and went to a water park today.
this water park had a really intense wave pool
that literally was too much for me.
i couldn't even progress forward to the deeper
end of the pool because the waves were so strong
that i kept getting thrown backwards.
the pool was crammed full of bodies
and each time a ginormous wave came through
we'd all get slammed into each other.
it was pretty funny.
the waves really made me want to see the ocean again
but it's just so far away.

oh, i also had dippin' dots for the first time
in over a decade.
it's weird how they stick to the inside
of your mouth in much the same way
as metal does in winter.
now, why do i stick metal in my mouth in winter?
i don't really remember.
i probably do things like put my keys in my mouth
so i can put on my mittens.
all i know is i DO NOT lick flagpoles
'cause we all know that's dumb.

-nicole

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha. I had Dippin Dots once. It was neat because I like to play with my food.

    I really need to learn how to swim.

    Have a great day!
    -Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well ... you were right about Apples ... It's going to be harder to convince me about pickles, though. heh.

    ReplyDelete