Wednesday, June 6, 2007

hard hat area

i think i'm going to start volunteering with
'habitat for humanity.'
i attended an orientation session this evening
and i was really impressed with what i've learned
so far about habitat.

they have a relatively small number of paid employees
but rely very heavily on volunteers in every part
of the process of providing homes.
as a volunteer you can build houses on site,
work in the office, be on the 'family selection committee',
help plan events and fundraisers,
help plan home dedications and on the list goes.
it's an extremely volunteer-based organization.

hopefully i'll soon spend my mondays
building houses with other volunteers
and habitat families. awesome.

-nicole

1 comment:

  1. I already forgot my name and password for this. haha.

    At first, this entry reminded me of when a friend and I ran around Pennsylvania wearing hard hats for a day. That was fun.

    Then I remembered writing a news story about a Habit house presentation (whatever they call it). I thought it was really cool. I would like to feel like I could help build a house. I think there would be a lot to learn. And it'd be for such a good cause.

    So I hope you really enjoy it if you do it! Keep us posted. :)

    -Jamie

    ReplyDelete