Tuesday, July 10, 2007

be still my tummy

i'm trying to drink some airborne
but it's just not sitting well with my taste buds tonight.
not that it ever tastes good
but it's so repulsive to me right now
that even looking at the glass makes
my stomach a little sickly.
swallow, gag, shudder. repeat.

i've always had an aversion to medication.
my mom had to bribe me to take that crazy pink
amoxicillin when i was a child.
tablets and capsules weren't much easier for me.
and i have NEVER been able to handle cough syrup.
that stuff tastes like liquid death.
i was a pretty healthy kid and she always said
that i hated medicine so much that i willed myself
to never get sick.

i need to learn how to do that again.

-nicole

1 comment:

  1. have you tried drinking it while flying? that might help.

    ReplyDelete