Friday, September 7, 2007

it's almost time for my long winter's nap

i flew across my yard on my slip 'n slide last night.
after dark and just as the raindrops started to fall, of course.
it's more fun that way.

the leaves are starting to turn
and sunlit hours are waining.
i think it might be fall now.
today.
this very day.
it was hot all week but that's over and done
and soon it will be sweater weather.
then slowly i'll add my scarf, my mittens, my hat.

i'm having thoughts about pumpkin patches and apple orchards.
i decided i'm going to make pies this fall and winter.
lots of them.
it will help keep the house warm and my belly full of goodness.

-nicole

4 comments:

  1. i noticed autumn the other day, too. not in the temperature, but in the day's light waning just a little too soon. it seems too early for fall. this has been a strange, cool, wet summer for texas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for colder weather. But like Ali said, it's been a strange summer for Texas.

    Maybe it can snow ...

    Anyway, have a good day!
    -Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too, me too. my mom just sent over some pumpkin scented candles and i've been smelling them like crazy.

    there's a good recipe for an apple/tart cobbler thing on
    www.elise.com/recipes

    good bye slip n slide....

    ReplyDelete